Partition like option

Hi

  I had a big table around 20million record table where last few days of data
is updated or new record are inserted every minute . Now in order to access the
20M record for update or Select is very expensive and performance is affected
slowly. I cannot Archive the table as few times a day application need some old
data and Application is third party. I cannot use Partition as I don't have
Partitition license. Any other sugesstion is highly appreciated

  TIA
  Sanjay

Low, Low, Low Rates! Check out Yahoo! Messenger's cheap  PC-to-Phone call rates.