RE: PUBLIC grants

  • From: "Verma, Amit" <AVerma@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Dennis Williams" <oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx>, <ric.van.dyke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 15:32:34 -0500

Creating roles and granting privs via role wouldn't work 'cz we have
stored procedures that need privileges granted directly. Creating views
wouldn't work 'cz even if I don't revoke the privileges they would still
be able to view the data.

I am sorry, my point wasn't clear enough. I wanted to be able to
restrict the users WITHOUT revoking privs from public. I guess there is
no way out.

Thanks all.

-Amit.