PSU prerep check

  • From: Joe Smith <joe_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 09:09:42 -0500

I recently applied the PSU Patch 9352164 10.2.0.4.4 for Solaris 10 with Trusted
Extensions.

I ran the command
$opatch prereq CheckConflictAgainstOHWithDetail -phBaseDir ./9352164

the command reported:
ZOP-40: The patch(es) has conflicts/supersets with other patches installed in
the Oracle Home (or) among themselves.
Prereq "checkConflictAgainstOHWithDetail" failed.

the command also stated:
Patches that can be applied now without any conflicts are :  9352164

I went ahead and ran the patch and it appeared to work just fine.

Is this the normal behavior for the PSUs patches and the prereq command?

This statement appears in NoteID: 458485.1

The -skip_duplicate and -skip_subset options cannot be used with "opatch
prereq" and
"opatch prereq" will automatically show all subsets and duplicates as
"superset",
so those can be ignored, and only the prereq output that shows "conflict" needs
to be addressed.

Does anybody have experience with this?  Is this a conflict or not?  Why does
the prereq state "failed"
and then it states the patch can be applied without any confict?

Before I ran the patch I had this installed:
Installed Top-level Products (3):
Oracle Database 10g
10.2.0.2.0
Oracle Database 10g Products
10.2.0.2.0
Oracle Database 10g Release 2 Patch Set 3                          10.2.0.4.0
There are 3 products installed in this Oracle Home.
then the
CPUJan2009
CPUOct2009

thanks,