Re: PLAN_TABLE gotcha in 10g

  • From: Daniel Fink <Daniel.Fink@xxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 15:45:08 -0600

> Of course, you can explain plan into your own table.

In this case, I've got about 6 different users/schema owners and
it's a pretty low usage db. A central plan_table makes a little
more sense in this case. It's not that the plan_table as a gtt
is not a good idea (in most cases it is), it's that those cases
where a central plan_table and preserving the explain plans are
desirable, you get bit unexpectedly.

I'm just glad I found it out before I went through the 100 or so
queries that I was wanting to keep. That would have sent me to
screaming and yelling to the closest bar. Gee, now that I
mention it, not documenting GTT plan_table is a potentially
GREAT thing!