Re: Oracle/PHP Issue

  • From: Byron Pearce <pearceb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 22:41:49 -0500

Edgar:

 From what I understand from the development team (the ones who came to
me with the question), there is a lot of code to change and so it's
impractical to make the change at this point.

At least that's their story and they're sticking to it. . .

Edgar Chupit wrote:

>Hello Byron,
>
>BP> However,  if  we  add  in  some ora_parse, ora_open, ora_exec, and
>BP> ora_close  calls  then we start getting the aforementioned errors.
>
>It  doesn't solve your problem, but, why do you use oracle7 api (ora_)
>instead  of  oci8  new api (oci)?
>If  I  understand  correctly  than,  ora_  api  was created to support
>Oracle7+   api,   but   oci   uses  new  Oracle8+  api,  I  have  used
>PHP4+Oracle8/9/10 with oci functions without any big problems.

Byron Pearce                         mailto:pearceb@xxxxxxxxxx
Tenure Systems, Inc.                 Dallas/Fort Worth, TX

"It's hard to be a ninja when you wear a beeper."