Oracle9i installation on the same machine with oracle8i

  • From: "+ACI-Nguyen, David M+ACI-" <david.m.nguyen@xxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 15:41:14 -0400

I have oracle8i installed on a solaris8 box.  I want to install oracle9i on the
same machine without uninstalling oracle8i, I'd like to keep two version of
oracle application so I can run tests for comparison between two's.  How do I
setup oracle home environment.  Here's the current oracle8i .profile.

ORACLE+AF8-BASE+AD0-/export/home/oracle

export ORACLE+AF8-BASE
ORACLE+AF8-HOME+AD0AJA-ORACLE+AF8-BASE/product/8.1.5

export ORACLE+AF8-HOME
ORACLE+AF8-SID+AD0-SSTEST

export ORACLE+AF8-SID
LD+AF8-LIBRARY+AF8-PATH+AD0AJA-ORACLE+AF8-HOME/lib:/usr/openwin/lib:/usr/local/lib

export LD+AF8-LIBRARY+AF8-PATH

PATH+AD0AJA-ORACLE+AF8-HOME/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/local/bin:.:/opt/bin:/expo
rt/home/oracle/product/8.1.5/bin
export PATH
CLASSPATH+AD0-JRE+AF8-Location
export CLASSPATH