Re: Oracle restart

  • From: "Martin Bach" <development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Storey, Robert (DCSO)" <RStorey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"oracle-l-freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 19:52:25 +0100

Robert,

You don't need to store the database in ASM. The design if Grid Infrastructure
however includes ASM binaries, if you like them or not :)

By the way the Oracle Local Registry keeps track of the meta data required for
operating Oracle Restart, there is no OCR or voting files for that matter.

I personally like the idea of Oracle Restart, as it gives me a unified
interface to managing databases (especially across platforms).

Hope this helps,

Martin Bach

Oracle Certified Master 10g
http://martincarstenbach.wordpress.com