Re: Oracle - Undo questions

  • From: Lothar Flatz <l.flatz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 17:44:22 +0100

Hi Sanjay,

the error number was probably 1555.
Actually 5-10 million rows is not a lot with today's hardware. It is likely that your query could run faster. This would also solve the undo issue. I think this is a better solution than checking the undo.
BTW: Are you aware that a dblink will serialize parallel processing across the link?

Regards

Lothar

On 17.11.2016 17:25, Sanjay Mishra (Redacted sender smishra_97 for DMARC) wrote:

I have a ver big Insert using APPENd hint running on Database A and it is selecting data from Database B using Dblink from multiple Tables with lots of joins/subqueries and inserting several million rows (around 5-10 Mil). It failed few time with ORA-0155 error.
1. Does that mean issue with UNDO on Database A or B?
2. Is there way to troubleshoot and get some sizing estimate for UNDO on Database A or Database B(Based on Point 1) that give some clear picture like quering v$undostat or so if the issue happened today and Undostat have anyway data for few days.

Thanks for the time

Sanjay