Oracle Text

  • From: Michael Moore <michaeljmoore@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 13:46:03 -0700

We are considering using Oracle Text but in the past, somebody that works
here tried it and found "performance issues". This usually means one of two
things:
1) The guy doing the testing did not know how to tune it
2) There actually is performance issues

I tend to think of our potential usage as medium-smallish. Maybe 10Gb of
text information.

So, what I need is testimonials and anecdotes from people who use Oracle
Text pretty heavily.
It would be nice to say something like, "Facebook uses it and they don't
seem to have any problem."

Any personal feedback or links would be greatly appreciated.