Re: Oracle RAC

  • From: K Gopalakrishnan <kaygopal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 07:06:43 -0800 (PST)

Ron:

I myself have implemented RAC in more than ten different places and
almost all are in production. The OS varies from Windows, Sun, HP, AIX
and Tru64. The cost is dependent on lots (and really lots) of factors.

It depends on
a. How much software you have already bought from Oracle?
b. Based on the Oracle Sales' target
c. Timing (end of quarter- end of fiscal etc)
d. Your relation with oracle (ESM Customer,gold customer etc)
e. Your CIO's negotiation skills..

Implementation is very simple and straight forward in All platforms.
You can use filesystems (except for AIX) for all platforms. Regarding
difficulties ..It is very smooth in Tru -64 and very difficult in
WindoZe (at least for me)

--- "Smith, Ron L." <rlsmith@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Has anyone implemented Oracle RAC in a production environment?
>
> If so, can you comment on the cost, stability, and difficulty in
> implementing the software?
>
> Thanks!
> Ron Smith

=====