Oracle OpenWorld Get-together

  • From: "Matthew Zito" <mzito@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 19:17:24 -0400

Oracle-L-ers,

It's that time of year again!  40,000+ people cram into a city designed
to hold approximately half that many additional visitors in order to eat
crummy boxed lunches (or maybe those are just for the exhibitors) and
marvel at the sheer massive wonder that is Oracle OpenWorld.  Over the
last couple of years, there's often been an evening get-together for
Oracle-L folks at the Chevys next to the Moscone center, typically the
only restaurant in the area that hasn't already been booked 9 months in
advance for a private party during the show.  Is there any interest in
continuing this trend for this year?  Or do people want to suggest
something else?

On a somewhat related note, I will be at GridApp's booth, #842, for a
great deal of the show.  Should you happen to be at the show and wander
by and want to say hi, please just drop in and ask for me, I'd love to
put names to faces.

Thanks,

Matt

--