Oracle Enterprise Linux on VMware Server

  • From: ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 20:41:03 +0000

Has anyone gotten Oracle's Linux to run properly on VMWare? I don't know alot
about linux anyway.. so it may just be me. I can't get the networking to work.
I am using Bridge Connection in VMWare(as Howard Rogers recommends on
www.dizwell.com)
I am using a static IP. I ran an IP config on my Windows XP host and used the
IP address from here:
Ethernet adapter VMware Network Adapter VMnet1:
I changed the last number by one digit. So 195.175.25.1 became 195.175.25.1 and
used a subnet mask of: 255.255.255.0
I can contanct my host, but I can't get to the internet. Also, when I use dhcp
my network service will not even start.
Been through the vmware and redhat docs. Again I don't pretend to be a systems
administrator, but this can't be that complicated.