Re: Oracle Audit records and Splunk

  • From: Karth Panchan <keyantech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "john.jones@xxxxxxxx" <john.jones@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 16:10:12 -0500

In my previous place we wrote Java PL/SQL wrapper on database which was feeding
data to Splunk from database. Used to send do metrics,monitoring,health check
and application logging.

HTH

Karth

Sent from my IPhone

On Nov 18, 2015, at 3:51 PM, John Jones <john.jones@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is there any one out there using Splunk to look at your Oracle Audit logs.

We are trying to set this up and running into problems with the way that
Oracle writes the audit files in different formats. We are mostly looking at
tracking Oracle Logins and notice that the format of the audit record can
change depending on the error encountered.

Any pointers or suggestions are welcome.

John Jones