RE: Oracle 9i Top 20 Features?

  • From: "Ellis R. Miller" <sartre1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 05:56:16 -0600

Here is how Tom answered a similar question listing some of his favorite
Oracle 9i features. I am not speaking for him but I like his response and
the context of what he weights or considers the most
important/useful/interesting Oracle 9i features:

http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:1035656129187077626::NO::F4950_P
8_DISPLAYID,F4950_P8_CRITERIA:983770663397,

One of his favorite or "top" Oracle 9i features is PL/SQL NCOMP (Native
Compilation). I have been running it on my Ultra 5 ever since the base
release and it is my wife and two daughters favorite Oracle 9i feature, too
(Phoenix banned NCOMP before it was released).

Context is everything in this case. Otherwise, study them all and take your
pick or just study them all then when you and I work together [I plan on
working everywhere for at least three months...it's the whole 15-minutes of
fame thing] we can actually have a good five-minute conversation. And I mean
that, sincerely.

This guy has a very good list of Oracle 9i "top" features for DBA
developers. It is 74 pages long but still a great PDF...assuming one
includes in the definition...never mind, I am rapidly slipping into an
infinite loop:

http://www.kingtraining.com/confdownloads.html

Ellis