Oracle 9R2, RMAN, LOBS

  • From: "Kline.Michael" <Michael.Kline@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 10:23:13 -0400

We have a database with BLOBS in it, and the RMAN documentation seems to
indicate that RMAN does not backup LOBS.

Since RMAN is doing block level, datafile backups, like a hot/cold
backup, doesn't RMAN actually back up LOBS?

What's the story on this?

We're thinking RMAN, but a cold backup on the weekend.

O/S is HP/US.

Thanks.

Michael Kline
Database Administration
Outside 804.261.9446
Cell 804.744.1545
3-9446
The information transmitted is intended solely
for the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of or taking action
in reliance upon this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is
prohibited. If you have received this email in
error please contact the sender and delete the
material from any computer.