RE: Oracle 11g linux 64bit (RedHat) vs Windows server (2003) 64bit

  • From: "Matthew Zito" <mzito@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lizzpenaorclgrp@xxxxxxxxx>, <ORACLE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 00:12:42 -0500

If you already have an expertise on Linux, there's no reason to change, imho.
Not to mention that you already have scripts, etc. that work on Linux.  Plus,
Linux is Oracle's primary development platform, though that might change with
the Sun acquisition.

In any case, I can't vouch for any architecture that would make windows faster
than Linux or vice versa - but I think the management difference would make a
much bigger impact than a few percentage points either way.

Thanks,
Matt