RE: Oracle 10g R2 RAC - network configuration

  • From: Adrian <ade.turner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dbagiri@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 20:32:05 +0100

I take it you don't have metalink access? One search for "etherchannel"
turned up 296856.1 which states "On AIX 5L, NIC teaming can be achieved by
using either Network Interface Backup (NIB) or EtherChannel.".

Etherchannel is the best. Given the rest of your investment I would spend a
little more and upgrade your switch.

Note Clusterware can only use one IP address and for resilience this should
be provided via a teamed/bonded or load balanced interface. The
cluster_interconnects parameter is for block transfers only, and is only
needed if one line does not provide the required capacity.

Ensure that you use 10.2.0.3. On AIX get clusterware to that level at the
earliest opportunity, e.g. immediately after installation of ORA_CRS_HOME,
as otherwise your joy will have only just begun.

Cheers

Adrian

  _____