Re: Oracle 10 default users

  • From: "Stefan Knecht" <knecht.stefan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: JDunn@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 15:19:00 +0100

The only users absoluetely necessary for the database to function are SYS
and SYSTEM. Everything else is "optional" , but depending on the features
you want to use (i.e. SYSMAN for the DB Console, ORDSYS/ORDPLUGINS for
Intermedia (Multimedia in 11), CTXSYS for Oracle Text, etc etc).

Mind you, I'm not saying you can drop them all if they're there in your
database, but you can safely lock them (or set an impossible password).

Stefan

--
=========================

Stefan P Knecht