RE: OS Information from Database

  • From: "Powell, Mark D" <mark.powell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle list" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 15:40:59 -0500

You can use the external procedure feature to call an external program
that gathers the information you want to make available within Oracle.

If you ran a shell script or program that collected the data you wanted
and wrote it to a file accessible to Oracle you could use the external
table feature to allow the data to be selected from within Oracle.

-- Mark D Powell --
Phone (313) 592-5148