ORA-01652 shows up on screen while importing on one database but not on another database

  • From: sundar mahadevan <sundarmahadevan82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 17:26:34 -0400

Hi All,
Greetings. The errors from 2 databases namely were : ORA-01652: unable to
extend temp segment by 128 in tablespace DL_IDX (logged only to alert log)
and ORA-01652: unable to extend temp segment by 128 in tablespace TEMP
(shows error on screen and logged to alert log) . On one of the databases, I
wasn't getting any tablespace error on screen while alert log file reported
ORA-01652. I have seen this happen on atleast 2 occasions. Reason for
bringing this small issue up is because I noticed the tablespace ran out
issue after 5 hours which could have been eliminated in a giffy had the
error shown up on screen. I read the documentation for import parameters and
dint find anything useful regarding this. Is there any setting that i am
overseeing. The difference in import parameters for these databases are
IGNORE=N and COMMIT=Y (the database that did not show the error on screen
but logged it to alert log file had these 2 settings). Also the resumable
parameter settings on both databases were same namely: RESUMABLE=Y
RESUMABLE_NAME=IMP_RESUMABLE_JOB RESUMABLE_TIMEOUT=345600. Though the
versions are different in my present scenario(10.2 - logged only to alert
log and 11.2 - shows error on screen and logged to alert lo), i presume that
there is n't much that would cause this issue. Any help is greatly
appreciated. Thanks in advance.