ORA-00600 [kcfnew_2] virtual had space, physical server didn't

  • From: Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <jcdrpllist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 09:45:28 -0400

Only to share something interesting.
I was receiving the ora-600 kcfnew_2, we were trying to solve  the problem.

The problem seem to be to me physical space, not redo, but the server said
there was more than 80gb in each disk.

Finally in some time (yesterday), probably when trying to copy to restore
backup,  they discovered the problem was physical space in the real server.
this is not the first time it happens.

The lesson is, first copy some file in the drive, before confirm it is not
space on disk.
:)