Re: ORA-00481: LMON process terminated with error

  • From: "LS Cheng" <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Andrey.Kriushin@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 16:32:15 +0200

Hi

The single instance does use same ORACLE_HOME. My doubt is however why the
single instance failed when RAC was still up and running? What can cause
LMON process terminated with error?

Cheers

On 7/25/06, Andrey Kriushin <Andrey.Kriushin@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Does your "single instance" use the same ORACLE_HOME as that of RAC?
Then the software is RAC-aware, communicates with clusterware etc. You
may use non-RAC home. On unix it is simple - just make a copy of
ORACLE_HOME, change the environment (ORACLE_HOME and dependants) and
relink oracle executable
$ export ORACLE_HOME=new_oracle_home # don't forget other environment
variables
$ cd $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib
$ make -f ins_rdbms.mk ioracle rac_off

-- Andrey