Re: ONAMES questions....

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2004 10:50:53 -0800

Yup, that's how it works.

So, before outsourcing no one consider the firewall issues?

Good planning on their part, eh?

The firewall admins needs to open a port for onames.

There will also need to be a range of ports for the sqlnet
connections opened up as well.

Can't recall which config file that goes in,
probably listener.ora, or possibly protocol.ora.

Jared