Re: Non-CDB officially deprecated ...

  • From: Tim Gorman <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 11:13:20 -0700

It's a statement of direction, not notification that as of midnight tonight all systems will cease working.

RBO has been deprecated since the turn of the century.

On 1/22/15 11:03, Don Seiler wrote:
Guess that simplifies one upgrade decision I had ahead of me.

Thanks for the notice.

Don.

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 11:39 AM, Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    I suspected this was going to happen, but was just made aware of
    the official statement (thanks Mike and Christian for highlighting
    the info)

    From the 12c "Database Upgrade Guide" at
    https://docs.oracle.com/database/121/UPGRD/deprecated.htm#BABDBCJI

    "The non-CDB architecture is deprecated in Oracle Database 12c,
    and may be desupported and unavailable in a later Oracle Database
    release. Oracle recommends use of the CDB architecture."

    (There is also a note about features that are not ready in CDB
    architecture at the same location.)

    I especially like Mike Dietrich's discussion at
    https://blogs.oracle.com/UPGRADE/entry/non_cdb_architecture_of_oracle

    /Hans

--
Don Seiler