Re: New look for Oracle Docs

  • From: natalka roshak <natalka.roshak@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 10:39:53 -0500

Worked yesterday - looks like it was an oversight that's been 'fixed' today.

--
Natalka Roshak | RAC/Storage BDE
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com/index.html>Global Product Support
On 26/11/2014 10:34 AM, Samuel Guiñales Cristobal wrote:
Natalka,i still seeing same than the the new one...by the waytahiti.oracle.com <http://tahiti.oracle.com/> from John Russel no longer available :(

---
Samuel Guiñales Cristobal <samuel.guinales@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:samuel.guinales@xxxxxxxxx>>
«Que tu alimento sea tu medicina, y la medicina tu alimento.» Hipócrates

---
Samuel Guiñales Cristobal <samuel.guinales@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:samuel.guinales@xxxxxxxxx>>
«Que tu alimento sea tu medicina, y la medicina tu alimento.» Hipócrates

On 25 November 2014 at 22:24, natalka roshak <natalka.roshak@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:natalka.roshak@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Aha! Found the old search interface :

    for 11.1: http://www.oracle.com/pls/db111/search
    for 11.2: http://www.oracle.com/pls/db112/search
    for 12.1: http://www.oracle.com/pls/db121/search

    -Natalka

    --
    Natalka Roshak | RAC/Storage BDE
    Oracle <http://www.oracle.com/index.html>Global Product Support
    45 O'Connor St, Suite 400 | Ottawa, Canada
    On 22/11/2014 12:16 PM, Uwe Küchler wrote:
    Also agreed on the worsened search.
    What I miss most is the "search this book / entire library"
    distinction.

    That aside, it's nice to have the docs readable on my mobile. But
    if I had the choice, I'd rather keep the old search facility.

    Cheers,
    Uwe

    On 12.11.2014 20:30, Timur Akhmadeev wrote:
    Nifty look, terrible search usability. Don't like it.

    On Wednesday, November 12, 2014, Hans Forbrich
    <fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx>>
    wrote:

        Anyone worked with the new look yet?   Comments?

        https://docs.oracle.com/en/database/database.html

        It's going to take a while to get used to it ... and it
        seems difficult to take it offline.

        /Hans

-- Regards
    Timur Akhmadeev