Re: NFS and direct IO

  • From: kyle Hailey <kylelf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Chitale, Hemant Krishnarao" <Hemant.Chitale@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 21:40:57 -0700

I consider  CIO on AIX an optimization option and not required.

This particular client is on HP and we are using forecedirectio. I had
thought that forcedirectio mount option didn't make a difference unless the
database was using filesystemio_options=setall or directio, but now I have
some doubts and will test tomorrow.

Best Wishes
Kyle Hailey
http://dboptimizer.com