Re: Move 12c Oracle Restart Home

  • From: Freek D'Hooge <freek.dhooge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ksmadduri@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2015 10:58:22 +0100

Kumar,

Opatch is indeed requesting 12GB of free disk space for the PSU patch of
January, which is quite high (to put it mildly).
On a (clean) rac 12.1.0.2 the PSU patch took around 3 GB in the
$ORACLE_HOME/.patch_storage directory. Depending on how much free space
you have, you could try to run opatch with the
OPatch.SKIP_VERIFY_SPACE=true parameter.

If this home has been subject to upgrades, you could also run the
"opatch util cleanup" command first to see how much space can safely be
reclaimed by removing patch backups that are no longer relevant.

See also
https://blogs.oracle.com/UPGRADE/entry/grid_infrastrure_psu_jan_2015
blog post about the free space requirement

Kind regards,

--
Freek D'Hooge
Exitas NV