RE: MSDAORA.DLL (Microsoft OLE DB For Oracle) Connectivity Question

  • From: "Mary Bahrami" <mbahrami@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Chris.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 13:00:54 -0800

We had a similar problem with db links from sql2005 to ora10.2; I
initially used msdaora.dll.  It caused errors: WARNING: inbound
connection timed out (ORA-3136)

And eventually prevented new oracle logins; this is fixed in 10.2.0.4.
Switching to the OraOledb.oracle provider fixed the problem until we can
patch.