Linux SYSTEMD and Oracle proceses

  • From: Lyall Barbour <lyallbarbour@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2021 00:08:27 +0100

Hello,
Wanted to see if anyone else had these two issues with Oracle databases running on later versions of Linux implementing SYSTEMD configuration.

1) Oracle grid with Restart running the automated reboots, have the instance crash during server reboot (and probably ohasd crash) when the configuration is started under a user slice, rather then a system slice.

2) if a DBA manually starts an instance with sqlplus, and then their ssh tty is killed later on, the database crashes, at the instant the session is killed.

I've had two SRs for the Grid Restart situation and our Unix Admins have a work around. But the Oracle Techs are not even able to understand the situation. It's really infuriating. The second situation is very new that we've noticed at our company over the past month.

TIA
Lyall Barbour

--
Sent from my Android phone with mail.com Mail. Please excuse my brevity. -- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l