RE: Latch Free / Shared Pool on Fetch

  • From: Raj Jamadagni <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 04:11:26 -0700 (PDT)

--- John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxx> wrote:
[snipped]
> One of my frustrations with the 10046 trace is that it does not
> snapshot/record data from v$sesstat, which I believe could yield some clues
> or at least explain where c=<> was possibly consumed. Not bashing the 10046
> trace, just pointing out a helpful but missing item....
[snipped]

I tihnk in about 2001 or 2002 I logged an enhancement request to provide
additional level for
10046 to include v$mystat (or sesstat) at the beginning and end of the trace,
but "since the
ability to dump process state exists and the data is already included in
process state dump, your
enhancement request is not feasible" was the reply from Oracle.

So, I created a generic procedure that can bve used to start and stop trace. At
the start it dumps
v$mystat to the tracefile and once again at the end using dbms_system.ksdwrt.
Only thing I don't
know how to fix is if someone added a tracefile_identifier later, things got
out of hand.

Best regards
Raj

=====