RE: JDBC buffer?

  • From: "Wolfson Larry - lwolfs" <lawrence.wolfson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx>, "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 15:36:38 -0500

Hey, Tanel, thanks for feedback.    I'd think there'd be something like that.

I had another client saying a query took 5 ½ minutes.  On the server it
consistently ran in 20 seconds.  I told him we could eliminate all the database
time and it would still take more than 5 minutes.  He said he could tweak the
app server and never came back with that issue.

Also, I got another reply, from Nick Goodman, suggesting they look at p6spy.
The web page there suggested it could identify DB bottlenecks.

            Larry