RE: Interpreting "enq: UL - contention"

  • From: "Hameed, Amir" <Amir.Hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 19:30:27 +0000

Thanks Jonathan, it helped in identifying where the lock was coming from.

select * from dbms_lock_allocated where LOCKID=1073741928 ;
NAME
LOCKID EXPIRATIO
oracle_odi_oracle.odi.runtime.agent.loadplan.LoadPlanInstance_10510
1073741928 27-NOV-15

This is indeed coming from the ODI code and is part of the load plan which is
what is running slow and we are trying to figure out the reason behind it.