Re: Imports and materialized views

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 17:14:05 -0800

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 12:29 PM, J. Dex <cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  When doing a refresh from prod (export) to test (import) database, do
> materialized views that are in the current test environment need to be
> dropped first before running the import into that test database?
> ------------------------------

That would probably be a good idea if they are the same MV's.

It might not be too important if you are going to recreate the MV's anyway,
but it could

a) use up a lot of disk space
b) generate a lot of errors
c) both

When you import MV's, the refresh jobs have a tendency to be
created in the account of the importing user or SYSTEM, I forget
which.  After the import you will want to check for strange refresh
jobs that don't work.

Jared Still
Home Page: http://jaredstill.com