[OT] If you have books on your wish list.

  • From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 19:30:18 +0100

Listers,

Got an email from O'Reilly yesterday, that I am quoting:
'Reilly, No Starch Press, and Tidbits will donate all revenues, less author
royalties,
        from "Deal of the Day" sales to the Japanese Red Cross Society.

        Thanks to the Internet, we understand more deeply than ever that
everyone on the planet
        is connected. The disasters that have hit Japan feel close to home, and
those of us at
        O'Reilly, No Starch, and Tidbits want to do something to help the
Japanese people recover
        and rebuild. We know many of you do, too. Working with the O'Reilly
Tokyo office, we will
        ensure that your valued contribution goes to the relief of those most
in need. We'll
        update the total amount donated throughout the day, as well as the
final amount.

We'll be extending our popular Deal of the Day to include the entire catalog of
ebooks and videos from O'Reilly, No Starch, and Tidbits -- yours included. The
deal won't go live until 12:01 am PT Tuesday, March 22.

I can't speak for others, but I suspect that most authors will do like me and donate their royalties too.

Therefore, if there are books from these publishers that you plan to buy, today is a good day to do it.

--
Stephane Faroult
RoughSea Ltd <http://www.roughsea.com>