RE: How to check if my sqlplus client is 32 bit or 64 bit

  • From: "Mahadevan, Sundar" <Sundar.Mahadevan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "averma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <averma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Harel Safra <harel.safra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 11:55:09 -0400

Many Thanks Amit. You made it easy for me. I also found this document on
metalink: 818454.1 that might be of help to someone else. It discusses about
"Finding Client Version, Instant Client Or Full Client". In this document they
recommend to use dependencywalker.com (depends.exe) or Process Explorer
(procexp.exe) that builds a hierarchical tree diagram of all dependent modules
identifying if it is a 32 bit or 64 bit sqlplus. But the easiest way for me
would be to download and install "file" equivalent for windows. Many thanks to
one and all for the help.

--Sundar