Re: How to calculate size of table including size of its indexes too.

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hansrajsao@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 11:41:24 -0800

On Jan 22, 2008 9:31 AM, hansraj sao <hansrajsao@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> yeah, but this that case i will only get size of particular index.
>
> I wanted know if there is any way be get table size+ its indexez size in
> on scripts.
>
> its seems i need to write small procedure..

Writing a procedure is a last resort.
Doing this in SQL not too difficult to do, and Dan Fink has already posted a
solution.

Even when difficult, SQL is a a better solution if possible.

Please see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40Lnoyv-sXg if you are not
convinced of
the need to avoid unnecessary procedures.

--
Jared Still