RE: How rman delete obsolete NOT delete archivelogs.

  • From: Juan Miranda <jcmiranda@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Guillermo Alan Bort'" <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>, <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 16:34:51 +0100

Hi

We have standby databases and we don´t want to re-configure standbys if the
WAN is going down during 2 days and the archivelogs was deleted.

So we need to have more archivelogs on production server but can´t have 5
days of backups on disk because space constraints.

We have 9i and there is not configure archivelog deletion policy to applied
on standby;

We do backup everyday. First to disk and then copy it to tape.

Dick:

We have older backups on tape so we can use and old backup and apply
archivelogs to made point in time recovery.

Thanks

  _____