Hints and a space

  • From: "Tony Adolph" <tony.adolph.dba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 09:27:34 +1300

Hi All,

We're having a debate at work this morning about a space in a hint,...  not
clear so far, read on...

I remember from a few years back that if a hint was specified without a
space after the plus sign it was ignored, so

/*+full(t)  */ didn't work, but /*+ full(t)  */  was good.

Was this the case a few releases back as it doesn't seem to be now,.. was it
ever the case.  I feel sure it was and have always used the space since -
and for the last few years when reviewing code have always rejected code
with hints without this space.

Cheers
Tony