Getting recovery experience, was Re[2]: to_number question

  • From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Stephen.Lee@xxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 15:36:18 -0400

Thursday, July 15, 2004, 2:43:51 PM, Stephen.Lee@xxxxxxxx
(Stephen.Lee@xxxxxxxx) wrote:
SLDC> Anyway, it was good experience for me since I got to have rman create a
SLDC> duplicate database on another box and do a point in time recovery.  It's
SLDC> been quite a while since I've done that, and I was getting a little bit
SLDC> rusty.

You know, I've on occasion thought that it would actually be
better if things failed more often, because then I'd get
more practice at recovery, and I'd be better at it.

Best regards,

Jonathan Gennick --- Brighten the corner where you are
http://Gennick.com * 906.387.1698 * mailto:jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxx

Join the Oracle-article list and receive one
article on Oracle technologies per month by
email. To join, visit http://five.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/oracle-article,
or send email to Oracle-article-request@xxxxxxxxxxx and
include the word "subscribe" in either the subject or body.