RE: GMT date while server is EST - working almost ...

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <John.Fedock@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 17:20:35 -0500

Database version?  Platform? etc....

I think the way it works is, you define in the listener's environment,
and since the listener starts the Oracle server process when you connect
via listener, it sees the modified environment, and that's how the
correct time is set.  However, server processes for jobs are not spawned
by the listener.  Also, if you do a connect w/o the listener, login to
database server, set ORACLE_SID and then connect with: sqlplus
user/password I'll bet that doesn't see the modified timezone either.

So, I guess I've explained why (I think) it doesn't work.....but I don't
have a solution for you...sorry.

-Mark

--
Mark J. Bobak
Senior Oracle Architect

"There are 10 types of people in the world:  Those who understand
binary, and those who don't."