GI and DB PSU Patch

  • From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l digest users <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 07:11:10 -0800 (PST)

Hi

Is it fine to only apply PSU patch to DB and ignore GI ? I thought ASM should
be same or higher version that RDBMS. In one of the existing client, I saw
patches are only applied to RDBMS and never to GI. There is no other reason
except look like anyone never looked to it and follow the standard going on.
Current version is 11g 2( 11.2.0.1-11.2.0.3).

So if someone share any Oracle metalink docs or suggestion as what is best
practices and why? Greatly appreciate it.

TIA
Sanjay