RE: Function - Based Indexes

  • From: "M Rafiq" <rafiq9857@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 13:27:35 -0500

Run this script

SELECT index_name, table_name, status FROM dba_indexes
WHERE FUNCIDX_STATUS is not null
/

Regards
Rafiq

From: Muqthar Ahmed <Muqthar.Ahmed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Function - Based Indexes
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 13:05:45 -0500

Hi,

If an Index is created on a column using Function then how do you find out this information using Data Dictionary.

For example:
create index tab1_idx1 on tab1(trim(lower(billaddress))) tablespace users;

Usually I export table without DATA to see Create Index syntax.

Please let me know if I can use any Data Dictionary.

Thanks
Muqthar Ahmed

The information contained in this E-mail message is privileged, confidential, and may be protected from disclosure; please be aware that any other use, printing,copying,
disclosure or dissemination of this communication may be subject to legal restriction or sanction. If you think that you have received this E-mail message in error, please
reply to the sender and delete it from your computer. Thank you.