Re: Free version of Delphix

  • From: kyle Hailey <kylelf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 11:42:22 -0800

Hi ,

Thanks for the all positive feedback people have sent me. A couple
people mentioned not getting a the download info right away after signing
up and/or getting a call from an inside sales rep after signing up. Here is
the way to get the download immediately while at the same time avoiding
calls from inside sales reps:

----

Go to

- http://download.delphix.com

<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fdownload.delphix.com%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzdhQTqdQFdIZsm-0FCX4_SRqBY5DA>

create an account, then log in. You should see a DelphixExpress folder.
Click on it and you can download the OVAs. Let me know how it goes.

Documentation is linked from the download page, but here are some related
blog posts to help get you going

- Delphix Express Installation

<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fdatavirtualizer.com%2Fdelphix-express-installation%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzcud32Uc9L9bLJYgPVSDXC_aDn1Cw>
- Delphix Express : virtualizing a database and web application

<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fdatavirtualizer.com%2Fdelphix-express-virtualize-your-first-database-and-application%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzeACqBNEJQ6hZdy-MyGq8OKc0liPQ>
- Delphix Express: setting up Jetstream

<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fdatavirtualizer.com%2Fdevops-jetpack-for-developers-jetstream-setup%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzd7q0sqCuZs6bPjO_mkw-ZE4MRQGw>
- Delphix Express: using Jetstream

<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fdatavirtualizer.com%2Fusing-devops-jetpack-a-k-a-jet-stream%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzdia9iutt0Rqp_b_Q70YaHU3Irvew>

Setup

The default passwords for the Delphix Engine web console are
sysadmin/sysadmin and delphix_admin/delphix.
The default password for the Linux VM users is "delphix." And the database
credentials are delphixdb/delphixdb.

We have created install guide
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.delphix.com%2Fdisplay%2FLS22%2FQuick%2BStart%2BGuide%2Bfor%2Bthe%2BDelphix%2BLandshark%2BEnvironment&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzcleMGR2EIuzU62_D57UX3_vBuTTg>
for configuring and leveraging the environment.

Lastly, this environment is supported through our community forum at
https://community.delphix.com/delphix/categories/delphix_delphix_express
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.delphix.com%2Fdelphix%2Fcategories%2Fdelphix_delphix_express&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEze2wjjbA1LTN2zN-Ezw9qr0vpFkdw>.
There you can learn, post questions or issues and receive a quick response.
Thanks!

Feel free to share with your friends and colleagues.
-Kyle

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 9:45 AM, Niall Litchfield <
niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Storage savings or agility man.
On 13 Nov 2015 15:39, "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This is great Kyle.

Now I just need to get a good reason to test this out as part of my job.
:)

Jared Still
Principal Consultant at Pythian
Pythian Blog http://www.pythian.com/blog/author/still/
Home Page: http://jaredstill.com

On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 12:06 PM, kyle Hailey <kylelf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

As a lot of you know, I've been working at Delphix for the past 5 years.

Just recently I was able to launch a free version of Delphix that you
can download. The program is still on the down low but you can get a copy
by going to

- http://pages.delphix.com/Free-Trial-Request.html

and putting “*Express*” for your *title* and I’ll send you the download
info.

Delphix Express is a free version of Delphix.

Delphix Express differs from Delphix enterprise in that it is limited to
25 GB of managed storage.

( Though if you blog about Delphix Express, I'll work on upping the
amount of managed storage )

You can have full automation for virtualizing not only Oracle but also
SQL Server, Sybase, MySQL and Postgres as well as flat files.

A few blog post videos to get you started