FW: sql*loader infile file name

  • From: Michael.Coll-Barth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "oracle Freelists" <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 17:03:01 -0400

Jared,

________________________________

        From: Jared Still

         On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 10:41 AM, <Michael.Coll-Barth
<mailto:Michael.Coll-Barth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > wrote:

                Folks,

                I have a file on a unix box that was created on an IBM
mainframe that I
                want to load into a table.  Let's call it
mainframe_file.  When I try to
                use SQL*Loader, it says the following;

                SQL*Loader-500: Unable to open file (mainframe_file.dat)
                SQL*Loader-553: file not found

        That's because sqlldr uses .dat as a default extension.

That is exactly what I found in the docs.  However, by putting the file
name in quotes, I thought I could avoid having to use an extension.

        If the file name is static, just create a link in the same
directory to <filename>.dat
        If it is not static, add the ln command to the script.

        $>  ln -s mainframe_file mainframe_file.dat

I was hoping that I was over looking something, but, I think I can use
your suggestion of creating a link.

Many thanks!