FW: AIX processes - allowable db processes

  • From: "J. Dex" <cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 11:45:13 -0400

Also, does the size of any of the server processes parameters in AIX need to be
considered when increasing open_cursors?

From: cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: AIX processes - allowable db processes
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 11:42:36 -0400

I believe on LINUX that the processes parameter in the database cannot exceed
the SEMMSL server parameter.   Does anyone know what the equivalent of that is
on AIX?   How do you find out what it is currently set at on AIX?   I need to
find out what a particular database cannot exceed and also what the total of
all the databases on the server combined cannot exceed.

Windows Live™ SkyDrive™: Get 25 GB of free online storage. Check it out.
http://windowslive.com/RediscoverHotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Rediscover_Updates2_042009