Extract binds from SQLSET

  • From: LS Cheng <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 09:42:29 +0100

Hi

I am upgrading several database from 9i to 10gR2 using SQL Performance
Analyzer.

I have loaded 9i trace files to several sqlsets in a 11gR1 database, I have
run SPA using the sqlset against the 10gR2 database, so far so good
everything working as expected.

I have to manually tune a few queries, some of them has as many as 60 bind
variables, a bit tricky to dig that in 20GB 9i 10046 trace files. So since
SPA is able to bind the values in the run time I thought it might be
extracting them from the sqlsets, for example from
WRI$_SQLSET_PLANS.BIND_DATA. I am not sure where else can the binds be
stored.

So I run dbms_sqltune.extract_binds(bind_data, 1) against WRI$_SQLSET_PLANS
but got no data back.

Does anyone know if is there any easy way to get the values for 60 binds
from the sqlset :-?

Thanks

--
LSC