Re: [Exadata] How do you use FlashDisk ?

  • From: Frits Hoogland <frits.hoogland@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kerry.osborne@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 10:45:40 +0100

I have the same opinion as kerry (use all as flashcache). Flash makes OLTP
perform (or: mimic the SAN cache of a regular setup). And flash is rather
limited in size, so if you configure flash as a diskgroup,  you have to put in
extra work to choose the objects to put in the flash diskgroup, and even more
important: administer those, because most database objects change over time.

Frits Hoogland

http://fritshoogland.wordpress.com
mailto: frits.hoogland@xxxxxxxxx
cell: +31-6-53569942