Re: Do I need tnsnames.ora to connect to the DB with dynamic listener registration

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sundarmahadevan82@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 07:46:10 +0000

Hi

If it helps you think about dynamic service registration as being all about
the server advertising its services. tnsnames is all about clients being
told where to look for a particular service, and what to ask for when they
get there.

On 27 Jan 2011 21:43, "sundar mahadevan" <sundarmahadevan82@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi All,
Sorry about this basic question. I can understand how dynamic registration
works but does dynamic listener service registration completely eliminate
the use of tnsnames.ora or do i keep the tnsnames.ora and change the sid to
service_name. Thanks in advance.