Re: {Disarmed} Role transition

  • From: "Senthil Subramanian" <skumar.sen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Carel-Jan Engel" <careljan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 21:55:53 -0400

Hi Carel-Jan,

Thanks for your valuable input on this.
I did try switching roles on a small 9i test database back in 2002, but
never really implemented in a real production environment.
We have a sound DR solution but never got a chance to test and implement the
role transition.
Now, we have a one-off requirement to switch roles between primary and the
physical standby for couple of days.
Anyway, I will test it and will report back the progress/result.

Thanks,

Senthil.