RE: Disable monitoring without disabling advisories

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Rajesh.Rao@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 10:33:26 -0700

I've never tried it, or even read anything about it, but I just searched
the hidden parameters for "monitor" and came up with this one:

_dml_monitoring_enabled

Its description is "enable modification monitoring" and it defaults to
TRUE on my 10.2.0.2 system.  Maybe if you set this to FALSE that will do
the trick?  Let us know how the testing goes.

From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rajesh.Rao@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Oracle 10gR2. Is there a way to disable the table monitoring, without
setting statistics_level to BASIC and losing the advisories? Looks like
this cannot be done from what I have read so far.